Previous entries...

Friday, September 10

The Ultimate Spelling Test





Justin and Dillon are taking spelling this year. We didn't do it last year, due to the fact it wasn't available at our old school, and we changed schools in January and I didn't want to start something mid-stream with them- especially since I was changing their curriculum. So this year the plan is to go through the whole first grade spelling curriculum for the first half of the school year, and go through the 2nd grade spelling curriculum for the second half of the school year. This means 2 spelling lessons a week. At the end of 30 words, a review of all of the words learned. Each week, with each lesson, I give them a practice spelling test, followed by an actual spelling test. This week was our Ultimate Spelling Test of the 30 words, and they both got a 100% on the test!!!! It will really help them with overall reading and spelling, so I love it too!
The kids are especially fond of the smiley face on their papers :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good going boys!! Love Aunt pattie

Anonymous said...

Glad to see & hear they are doing so well...............
Love, Nana