Previous entries...

Saturday, September 11

School has begun...


School has started. I have coined a term (or theme) for this school year ....."The year of the book" in hopes that by the end of the year, both Justin and Dillon will both be reading in chapter books. That is my personal goal for them, as well as great academics.
In fact this next week, we will be 4 weeks into the school year. The kids are doing great. I don't know if it is having the school room, or the fact that they are a year older, or that they know what is expected, but they are really into the groove of things, and like school this year. They are both keeping up with the academics and curriculum that I have chosen for this year, and I am pushing them in many areas. I believe their enthusiasm will maintain throughout the whole year. Even Hunter is getting into the groove this year. He has his own "school desk", and gets out his little crayon box that also has colored pencils to do his preschool book. He will go back and forth from Justin's room to the school room keeping occupied with various activities during school time. And occasionally, we have to do school work with the faint sound of the keyboard in the room. The kids are also getting golf lessons every Friday morning. Each student at the charter school gets money every month for an educational class or lesson. So they are interested in golf this year, so we signed them up for that. Plus, I will keep my eye open for other extra activities that they can join.


The kids all got backpacks at 50% off this week, now that most schools have started. They can take their school work each month to the charter school to turn it in with their backpacks. So they are loving that! Even Hunter got one. He likes to walk around the house with it on. Nothing is in it, but he just has to wear it.
The schoolroom has been a real treat! I love having everything organized and at our fingertips. Plus, the toddler lock on the door keeps Hunter's little hands out of everything when we aren't in there. It is quiet, and allows us to do the work we need to do without interruptions. We just love it!

No comments: