Previous entries...

Monday, February 15

Look out libraries, here I come!

So the other day I get an email from the Library about a 2 week old overdue children's book. I knew that I had returned it, and even glanced at it as it went into the library return bin. So after I worked all night, I went to the library at 9:30 when they opened, with my receipt in hand from when I checked out the books, and went directly into the kids area. From the crowded shelf I pulled out the "overdue-not returned" book and went up to the counter to show them. As if to say "Here it is- it was here all along!", I showed her the book. She looked and looked and scanned it and scanned it. "Well, your right" she said, and then told me..."I'll waive the $1.50 late fee". Uh, that's right you will, I thought. She then told me- next time this happens, we will look for the book for you. I said, "why, I have no problem checking the shelf". Then she said- "well, people try to come in and pretend to take the book off the shelf, and pass it off as here all along, when in reality, they had the book at home. Oh, yeah.......That's me. Heather, a life long habitual stealer of children's books that often tries to rack up library fees, and then pull one over on the library ladies. Yeah, that's me. :0) So watch out libraries, here I come!

1 comment:

Night Nurse said...

Oh my. You know, that's really sad when you don't have any other way to prove that you returned the books other than to pull them off of the shelves, and then they accuse you of being under-handed about it. If they really have enough people trying that, maybe they should post watch-personel at the door to make sure people aren't sneaking back in with books to "pull off the shelves."

Sorry I haven't updated my blog much, by the way. The last three nights I've been at work have been nuts; I didn't even get to look at my work e-mail!