Previous entries...

Thursday, February 3

Wednesday was full of good fun and good eats!

Let me preface the post saying that I did not take the camera. I didn't know how long we would be out, and I didn't want the camera frying in the truck. But I promise to bring it next time! :)
We started out the day heading towards downtown San Diego. We drove around a bit to see the sights, as we haven't been down there in a while. We did stop however down by Seaport Village. What a little neat part of town. Right by the water, there are tons of little shops selling everything from tacos to tourist souvineers. The weekends are full of fun there with live music and activities according to the brochure. They have a merry-go-round there as well that has some history attached to it. For two bucks per person, the kids all had a ride, and I stood by Hunter. Hunter sat on a camel that didn't go up and down, but Justin and Dillon chose horses that go up and down for their ride. They all had a lot of fun. They smiled the whole time. Hunter was grinning from ear to ear. The music was broken at the time, but we told them that we would come back soon and ride it again- maybe the music will be fixed by then. After walking by the water for some time watching the boats and ships go in and out, we headed out for lunch. We went to Point Loma to the famous Phil's BBQ! They had a small line, which we don't normally wait for, but I had heard great things about the restaurant, so I insisted we stay and wait it out. In about 10 minutes we were seated! No big deal. Being that it was our first time there, we decided to get the El Toro sandwich- as seen on Man vs. Food on the food channel. It was a Char-grilled deli sliced tri-tip topped with BBQ sauce sandwich. Sounds easy enough, so we ordered 3, and some onion rings. When it was served........WOW! it was huge!!! We ate and ate, the whole family was full to the brim, and we still went home with leftovers! About a whole sandwich worth. But was it ever good! We haven't had BBQ like that EVER!!!! I can see why the restaurant made it on t.v.
This is a picture I found on the Internet to show the sandwiches. We had monster onion rings too. Next time we will try the ribs for sure!!

1 comment:

Night Nurse said...

Looks like you all had a great time!