Previous entries...

Friday, November 5

Neat idea found on one mom's website

As a motivational tool I created “credit cards” for each of the kids this year. I made and laminated cards with their names on them and each week they have the opportunity to gain points. I have posted way they can earn points, such as “Finished all chores, or kept room clean, or did schoolwork neatly and with a good attitude all week"

I add the points at the end of the week with a dry erase marker and at the end of every month I set up a “Mom Store” with trinkets I’ve picked up from the dollar bins at Target or Michael’s. They can spend their points as they wish. These credit cards have been great for making them responsible for their work!

Sounds like a great idea!!

2 comments:

Night Nurse said...

I like the idea! I'll have to keep that in mind....

Night Nurse said...

Where are the blog updates? :o)