Previous entries...

Monday, May 17

Dillon's 6th birthday cake

It took 2 days to complete this cake. It was a butter cake, with each level consisting of 2 layers with vanilla buttercream frosting. The layers were then covered with marshmallow fondant. This whole cake was made by scratch, except for the toys! It turned out great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is some cake!!!!!!
What a lucky boy you are Dillon.
Happy Birthday again!!!!!!!!!

I knew you could make this fantastic
cake Heather. You are something
else...........

Love, Nana

Anonymous said...

What a great job on the cake! Happy b-day Dillon!! Love Aunt P

Night Nurse said...

Oh, WOW!!! It turned out just as good as the picture you showed me of the original! That's amazing. How did the fondant go? Was it really hard to do (and wasn't it your first time using it)?

The San Diego Family said...

the fondant went easier than expected. It was marshmallow fondant, and I had to make 3 batches. With a lot of internet research, I found out that my kitchenaid mixer could mix it just fine with the dough hook! I was really dreading the mixing by hand. It was just going to be messy!