Previous entries...

Sunday, April 4

Easter Sunday, and an earthquake this afternoon

The earthquake and aftershocks as of 9pm tonight
A national look at the earthquakes as of 4pm- twenty minutes after the initial earthquake.

This is as of 3:56- almost 15 minutes after the earthquake. (We live just north of El Cajon on the map on the middle left)


This is another record of the earthquake and surrounding aftershocks and quakes. The bigger the box the larger the quake/aftershock



Per CNN: Quake felt for hundreds of miles: The magnitude 7.2 earthquake struck Baja California and shook buildings as far away as Los Angeles and Phoenix, Ariz. TIJUANA, Mexico - One of the strongest earthquakes to hit Southern California in decades shook tens of millions of people in two countries and three states on Sunday, swaying buildings from Los Angeles to Phoenix to Las Vegas. At least one person in Mexico was killed and others were feared trapped in their homes.
The 7.2-magnitude quake struck at 3:40 p.m. PDT, about 20 miles southeast of the border city of Mexicali, Mexico, according to the U.S. Geological Survey. Three aftershocks of magnitudes 5.1, 4.5 and 4.3 followed within the hour.



It was very interesting. Our first earthquake ever. I was sleeping, it woke me up out of a sound sleep. I heard our pocket door in our bedroom that leads into the bathroom shaking, and at that very moment I heard the windows rattling. At that same moment I heard the earth growling, as my bed shook. We grabbed the kids and headed for a doorway. If it would of been stronger- we would of been outside in a jiffy! We felt one of the aftershocks that came just as we heard the earth growl again. It is such an odd noise to hear. What an interesting afternoon. And as a side note, I must say, I got news from around Southern Cali. faster on facebook, and google, than any news source.





No comments: