Previous entries...

Saturday, February 20

What a deal

This morning while at Albertson's, it seems they were really trying to get rid of their Valentine's candy, so they announced overhead a sale on isle 8. They said that all of their candy was a dollar each. So after shopping, I cruised down the isle to see if there was anything worth throwing into my cart. The check out girl was down that isle organizing the last little bits of chocolate hearts full of candy. In her cart there was 2 huge hearts from Russell Stovers, and another huge heart full of chocolate truffles. The price on the truffles was $30.00, and the other assorted Russell Stover chocolates were $15.00 each. She said, "these are only a dollar each too!, you could always freeze them, it's a great deal". And so it was, the 3 huge hearts jumped into my cart as if to say "I'm Yours!" I walked out of that store with $60.00 dollars worth of candy for 3 bucks. Can't beat that. And yes, they are all in a ziplock bag in the freezer.

2 comments:

Night Nurse said...

That's AWESOME! Makes me wish I wasn't a diabetic. Did you keep the chocolate filling descriptors so that you know what's in each one? (Or is it more like Forrest Gump: you just don't know what you're going to get when you reach into the magic bag?) :o)

The San Diego Family said...

I was looking for "the map" as I like to call it, but they didn't come with one. So it is anyone's guess what we will get when we reach into the bag!