We are lucky to be living it up in sunny California! Join us here often for updates on our busy boys so you can get the latest and greatest about our family, adventures, and homeschooling fun!
Previous entries...
Saturday, January 9
Spelling Bee's are fun?
Apparently so! I got this Spelling Bee game last year actually at Christmas time half off. I think I paid around $5.00 for it. I had it on the shelf until yesterday. I pulled it out, and opened it up. Justin, Dillon, and of course Hunter and I played at least 3 games. Basically, there are 12 levels of cards. Each one gets harder and harder, and as you finish the 12th level, you are basically spelling at a 2nd grade level. Justin and Dillon flew through level one, and only have a few cards left on level 2 to master. Each time they spell a word right, they get a "token" for their token holder. Each boy gets his own card to spell. I say the word, (Hunter copies what I say), and the boys spell the word (Hunter copies each letter they say). When they are right, Hunter gives them a token. It is so fun, they want to play it all of the time. Weird right?? Hey, whatever works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment