Previous entries...

Sunday, May 18

Updates on Justin

We enrolled Justin in Kenpo Karate a couple weeks ago. He goes once a week for an hour. He absolutely loves it! He learned 5 stances from one week to the other, and this last week, one of his instuctors in the class chose him and 2 other kids to "test for a red stripe" for his white belt.
He starts out with a white belt, and as he learns stances, blocks, moves, ect...he can "test" on occasion for stripes that go on the end of the belt. Once you get 7 stripes, then you can "test" to get the next color belt (from what I understand.)
So anyways, he tested great! He was right on, and did the stances faster and better than the other two. And so earned his red stripe!!!!!!!!!!! We are so proud!!!!!!!! He is so happy too!!!!!!!
I'll take some pictures of his stances tomorrow and post them here for you to see. He will be in his outfit too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool Justin, I remember when your Dad taught me some moves. Love Aunt Pattie