Previous entries...

Friday, April 4

Want some cotton candy??

I was on the Food Network website, and found a recipe to make your own cotton candy. It looked so easy too!

Cook two and a half cups of sugar, one and a half plus one tablespoon of water, and two-thirds a cup of white corn syrup to 300 degrees—that's the hard-crack stage—then remove from the heat.
Add a couple drops of red food coloring to a Pyrex or other heat-proof bowl. Add the syrup. Stir with a whisk that has the ends conveniently cut off of it.
Place a V-shaped rack (looks like a cradle to hold a cooking turkey- see picture below) over some newspaper. Dip the cut-off whisk into the syrup and wave across the rack left to right quickly to form the wisps of cotton candy.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok, that picture above of the ice cream looks SO good!! I just HAPPEN to be wanting some right about now. Thanks alot. Now I have to run to Circle K to get some before we start watching a movie! :) -Noelle